Please note, the Saskatchewan Junior Golf Fundraising Committee is a newly formed operational sub-committee of Golf Saskatchewan. The initial meeting will be held on Thursday April 22, 2021 at 7 p.m. More information will be posted here in the coming days/weeks/months.
Please check back for updates.
SASKATCHEWAN JUNIOR GOLF FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE
This newly formed partnership blends the history, leadership, administrative and financial integrity of Golf Saskatchewan with the drive, desire and personal investment of parents/caregivers [Saskatchewan Junior Golf (SJG) – Committee], who together in partnership wish to grow the opportunities and access to the great game of golf, for all young people in our province.
The game of golf has many benefits including being physically active, developing mental skills like confidence, focus, concentration, and time management, as well as building problem-solving and decision-making tools.
Golf demands respect and etiquette during interactions with peers, course members, management, coaches, parents and tournament personnel.
These transferable skills enhance opportunities and better prepare youth for successful futures.
We provide information to junior golfer regarding financial assistance and organizes educational and training opportunities. This is accomplished through fundraising done by Saskatchewan Junior Golf and by individual junior golfers.
To promote golf and all its benefits to youth in Saskatchewan by increasing access and reducing barriers to the game. The intent is to provide fair and equitable opportunities for all junior golfers through financial, educational and developmental assistance.
The shared goal is to provide Saskatchewan junior golfers equal opportunity to receive subsidies to:
- encourage growth and development;
- build a love for the game;
- allow for casual participation in tournaments; and
- support the players rise to an elite level.
SJG ATHLETE MEMBERSHIP
- SJG Membership is open to all junior golf athletes 18 years and under, on or before Nov. 1 and who reside in Saskatchewan;
- SJG Membership and access to Pool B funds is available to university or college athletes playing on a golf team, who’s age is 24 years old or younger on or before Nov. 1;
- Each individual athlete must pay for their own membership (memberships may not be shared among family members);
- Membership cost is $10.00 per athlete;
- Based on the Golf Saskatchewan golf year, SJG membership’s are valid from Nov. 1 to Oct. 31 each calendar year;
- Memberships can be purchased at any time during the year
- The membership fee is used to offset administrative costs including but not limited to bank fees, membership cards, online and technology hosting costs, etc.
- will give every member of SJG the opportunity to do corporate and individual fundraising to help offset golf related costs;
- provides registration discount at Saskatchewan Junior Golf development camps;
- provides access to financial support (amount to be determined based on available funds) to major tournaments; NextGen Prairie Tournament; and United States camps.
ATHLETE MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION
SJG Memberships can be purchased at any time during the golf year. The membership is valid from Nov. 1 TO Oct. 31 of each calendar year.
Membership prices will be reviewed annually and may be adjusted by the SJG Committee to ensure financial availability for administrative costs.
All Athletes must complete a Membership Form (see below) to ensure appropriate registration with Saskatchewan Junior Golf.