By registering to play in our sanctioned event, participants agree to the following policies (Notice to Players):
Event Waiver and ReleaseMust be completed by all parties
NOTE: each participant/guardian/volunteer/spectator and/or staff is required to complete the Golf Saskatchewan Championship/Event Waiver and Release.
Junior Code of Conduct
- A junior playing in an Amateur aged event she/he/they must adhere to the Junior Code of Conduct.
- Exceptions may include Caddie or power cart transportation, if eligible.
Amateur Code of Conduct
- In events where players are allowed to ride power carts, the groups are only allowed 2 power-carts per group. *
- The Championship Committee will review each event and put a Local Rule in effect.
- A group must not have more than 2 carts per group, or they are subject to the General Penalty of the Local Rules.
- Events which power carts may be used include:
- Amateur Women’s *
- Senior Women’s *
- Senior Men’s *
- Mid-Master Men’s (40+) *
- Women’s Rosebowl *
- Mixed Team *
- Champions Cup *
- * includes transgender and non-binary competitors
- Please note, the Pace of Play policy, is in effect regardless of if a group chooses to ride or walk.
- A Tournament Director is allowed to use discretion regarding the use of power carts at an event.
Pace of Play
Standard Local Rules
- Standard Local Rules (Hard Card)
Spectator | Parent Code of Conduct
Dress Code + footwear
Ties and Retrogression
National Athlete Assistance Subsidy (N.A.A.S.)Funding for National Championships (TEAM/Quota Spots)
National Athlete Assistance Subsidy (NAAS)
1. Golf Saskatchewan and the Sport Committee believes in our athletes competing and excelling at the highest levels.
2. The N.A.A.S. may include those athletes who compete at a National competition recognized by Golf Canada.
3. ELIGIBILITY: the applicant must:
– be a current member of Golf Saskatchewan, and
– earned a team/quota spot by playing in a current Provincial championships, or
– qualifying in a regional qualifier, or
– qualified through a recognized invitational championship, or
– earning an exemption into a championship, based on previous play or win at the prior year(s) competition.
4. Player’s responsibilities include:
a. Paying for her/his/their own entry fee to the event, and
b. Booking her/his/their own travel to and from the event, and
c. Booking her/his/their own accommodations (unless alternative arrangements have been made and communicated by the Golf Saskatchewan office).
5. National Athlete Assistance Subsidy (N.A.A.S.) amounts are determined annually and are:
a. based on geographic location of event, and
b. the number of eligible athletes who are competing from Saskatchewan.
c. Team members (top 3) will be given a higher N.A.A.S. amount, and
d. any remining eligible quota spot players may receive N.A.A.S on an equitable basis, for each event, based on the geographic location (5.a.)
a. Golf Saskatchewan may not assist an athlete who:
i. direct enters to a national and/or international competition.
ii. is competing in another event put on by associations or groups, not listed in this policy (MJT, AJGA, CJGA, Canadian Senior’s Association, or the like).
7. Issuing payment of N.A.A.S.:
a. A reasonable time following the last national championship is required to properly process the cheques.
Other Conditions for events:
- Rules are governed by the most current Golf Canada Rules of Golf including Amateur Status including the most current Golf Canada Rules of Golf and Interpretations.
- Rules decision and Interpretation on the field of play, shall be decided by the Golf Saskatchewan Championship Rules Committee, and shall be final.
- Supplementary Local Rules for the championship (location specific).
- Photography & Video: by entering a Golf Saskatchewan championship, the participant allows Golf Saskatchewan to take picture(s) and/or video(s) of the participant for marketing/promotional materials.
- Member only event: All competitors must have a Golf Canada membership and must present a validated 2023 Golf Canada membership card/number upon entering the Championship(s) or proof of membership equivalent from another jurisdiction.
- Other member jurisdiction: if the participant is from outside of Canada and is a member with another golf association/union she/he/they may enter our event provided they are able to verify their membership with an established handicap index.
- Championship Committee Review: all championship entry applications are subject to the approval of the Golf Saskatchewan Championship Committee.
- National Championship Quota Spot – Golf Saskatchewan members only.
- Golf Saskatchewan will try to ensure proper representation at a Golf Canada National Championship.
- Note, this includes limiting the amount of players we will drop down to on the participant list (for instance, not lower than the 15th placed person). *subject to change.
- A person from another province or country is welcome to play but cannot gain entry into Golf Canada’s national championship through our quota spot system.
- The National Athlete Assistance subsidy guidelines can be read below.
REMINDER: The Golf Saskatchewan Codes of Conduct applies to players & teams attending Regional, National and International Events (sanctioned/conducted by Golf Canada and the like). This is above and beyond the policies and Code of Conduct at the championship being played.