The Western Canada Summer Games (WCSG) are into day seven in Swift Current with plenty of events well underway or over, the three-round golf championship will begin Friday.
Chinook Golf Course is hosting the event, nine Saskatchewan competitors are going to compete for medals in both girls and boy’s categories as well as the team competition.
Competing in the girl’s division will be:
- Sarah Grieve, Saskatoon (Willows Golf and Country Club)
- Autumn Neiszner, Regina (Wascana Country Club)
- Ella Kozak, Yorkton (Deer Park Municipal Golf Course)
- Symone Ripley, Saskatoon (Willows Golf and Country Club)
Five boys will be playing in the field:
- Will Blake, Regina (Royal Regina Golf Club)
- TJ Baker, Prince Albert (Waskesiu Golf Course)
- Alex Swinnerton, Saskatoon (Waskesiu Golf Course)
- Theoren West, Wawota (Golf Kenosee)
- Jackson Wingert, Saskatoon (Riverside Country Club)
The WCSG are open to athletes under the age of 17. The golf teams were chosen based on the player’s results this season in both Golf Saskatchewan Order of Merit events, provincials, and Maple Leaf Junior Tour championships.
The province’s (Man., Alta., Yukon, and Sask.) will compete against each other over event, the top three scores on each hole will be counted towards the overall scores. The competition is 54 holes, there is no cut line.
You can follow the results here.