|Athlete Assistance for Nationals|
The Sport Development Committee and Golf Saskatchewan believes in our athletes competing and excelling at the highest levels. In 2013, the Athlete Assistance Program was revamped to include only those athletes who compete at a National or International competitions recognized by Golf Saskatchewan, Golf Canada and/or other golf bodies (USGA or R&A).
The National Athlete Assistance is available to players striving to test their abilities against some world class competition.
Following the completion of our Provincial Championships, athletes who have qualified to attend nationals (team and quota spots) will be eligible forr National Athlete Assistance. The amount of subsidy is determined on an annual basis.
ELIGIBILITY: In order to be considered for an Athlete Assistance Grant, the applicant must:
- be a current member of Golf Saskatchewan, and
- have competed in Golf Saskatchewan’s most recent Provincial Championship(s),
- have competed in a recent National Championship or other recognized event in which they have qualified*.
* Qualified ~ includes gaining entry into the event through a preliminary qualifying round(s).
- An athlete who competes at more than 1 national championship may receive additional funding, unless some other circumstance makes this ineligible (Example – Junior Team Member - being on the team).
- Golf Saskatchewan requires that all participants competing in a National Championship pay her/his own Entry Fee. Should Golf Saskatchewan be required to pay the indivuduals entry fee, it will be invoiced or deducted from any reimbursements made to the individual/household.
- A reasonable time following the last National Championship is required to properly process the cheques. All cheques will be in the mail no later than October 15th, of the calendar year.