2014 Jr. Order of Merit Tour Overall Standings
The following events have been confirmed for 2014.
Please note Golf Saskatchewan will provide updates if the tournament dates change.
Congratulations to the 2013 Junior Order of Merit Tour Winners!
|Junior Women ||Junior Men |
|Under 19 ||Kayla Sawchuk ||Leighton Bearchell |
|Under 15 ||Kayla Sawchuk ||Kade Johnson |
Junior Order of Merit Tour Information
Golf is a late stage development sport. The Junior Order of Merit Tour is a developmental tour. It is comprised of two age divisions for junior men and junior women U19 & U15. Points are awarded to the top 20 competitors in the U19 division and top 10 competitors in the U15 division. The U19 division will give competitors the opportunity to build a playing resume, while the U15 division will help Golf Saskatchewan identify up and coming junior golfers.
- 2014 Point Structure
- Junior Order of Merit participants must be a resident of Saskatchewan (exception: Lloydminster) and have a valid Golf Canada membership.
- Prizes are awarded to the top merit point winner in each age/gender category identified below.
Junior men - under 19 & under 15.
Junior women - under 19 & under 15.
Age categories for the tour are based on the participant\'s age as of the last day of the National Championships (as of August 1st for junior men and women). For example: if player B is currently 14 but his/her birthday is August 1st, he/she will play in the U19 year old division for the entire season as he/she is 15 by August 1st.
Golfers will have their top four results counted from the Golf Saskatchewan Junior Order of Merit Tour plus provincials for a total of 5 events.
- Golfers are responsible for making their own arrangements to enter the tournaments.
There is no cost for participating on the Junior Order of Merit Tour other than the registration cost for each event.
Other Junior Events (Provincial/Regional/National):
- August 14, Deer Park Junior Open, Deer Park Golf Course, Yorkton
- September 6, Kindersley Junior Open, Kindersley Golf Course, Kindersley